Friday, February 24, 2017

Oh Look, More Portraits


While looking over recent additions to the British Library and Internet Archive Flickr pages, I found a slew of great illustrations from 19th century books, particularly portraits of adventurous looking women, ethnicities I haven’t covered yet, and faces screaming to be turned into gnomes. 
Recently, I felt like I kept seeing the same faces over and over again when I looked for new illustrations, which was a bit of a stumbling block when trying to add diversity to the Portrait Gallery late last year. It takes diligence to find suitable illustrations of anything but white men in evening dress or military uniforms. Pictures for any other demographic are either too racist or of too poor quality to use.
Thankful, both the British Library and Internet Archive Flickr pages are a never ending supply of design, art, and inspiration for my Victoriana Games.

As always these portraits (and other like them) can all be found on the Portrait Gallery page, ready to be used in your Victoriana Adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment