Friday, March 3, 2017

And Yet More Portraits



While working on upcoming projects and waiting for comments from my proofreaders, I’ve had fun making portraits. This week, the human gallery doubles with the addition of two more portraits!


In addition to the usual batch, you can see a glimpse of my process making these portraits. The woman used for this week’s Orc has a very interesting face with many of the characteristics I look for to make specific races. She had the exposed and detailed ears needed for elves and halflings, the strong facial structure for dwarves, and ogres, and the completion for orcs and gnomes. She could have been anything with a little work.
I settled on orc, because the orc gallery has the lowest ratio of female to male of all the races, but I still had fun working on other races. Below you can see the original portrait and that same portrait twisted into four of the fantasy races in Victoriana. Of the four, I like the orc the best but the elf makes it into the gallery too. 



The scenario “Six Stolen Ferns” should be added to the Blogs resources page soon, depending on my proofreaders input. If not, next week begins a new series introducing another historical setting for Victoriana. 


No comments:

Post a Comment