Friday, November 10, 2017

City of Countless Names- Portraits




I am ecstatic to report the writing and layout for City of Countless Names is finished. This is the first in a trilogy exploring the city of Constantinople for use in the Victoriana role-playing game. In a few weeks, I’ll upload the finished manuscript to our Resources page for anyone to download. At thirty-three pages, City of Countless Names is the biggest manuscript I’ve written for this blog, and the first to be fully illustrated. Finding period pictures was more challenging than I anticipated, but the real challenge was finding the right faces both suitable for fantasy races and reflecting the ethnic and religious diversity throughout the city. While I await notes from my proofreaders, here are some of the portraits I’ve assembled of faces in the streets of 1850s Constantinople. You can find all these faces in greater detail in the upcoming PDF or here in our Portrait Gallery




No comments:

Post a Comment