Friday, January 20, 2017

Two Lost Crates- Week 2



After another week of scenario writing, I have 5,100 words written.  I hope to have about 6,000 words total. That’s 1,000 more than “A Man of His Word”. Much of that increase in length is due to the amount of detail I believe needed for PC’s performing a heist in high society.
The scenario is designed to be run over two sessions, and has a pretty obvious two act structure. Besides continuing to write, I also did quite a bit of fact checking and rewriting on the first part as problems arose in the second half. Now that so many problems dissolved, I feel better about the adventure’s tone and structure than I did last week. The farcical, low stakes nature of the adventure worried me, but building the big set piece satisfied my desire for action and excitement. I’ve now written most of the scenario, with just the climax and resolution left to do. After that, the next step is editing and readability, then my proofreaders can tear into it.
I should be able to finish my first draft this week, which means we can get back to our usual blogging soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment