Friday, November 18, 2016

A Few More Portraits




In preparation for this weeks’ post, I looked over the Portrait Gallery, searching for obvious gaps or characters I’ve neglected to make. I noticed some of the subspecies illustrations are too similar for my tastes, so this week I tried to branch out from the norm.
All of the portraits are made from period illustrations, which means I can only alter what’s already there or add new elements (the teeth on the orcs for example).  This week I experimented using illustrations a little further out from what I intended to make.
I quickly learned my narrow sense of usable illustrations has held me back from using more diverse pictures as a base for my portraits. That’s not to say these portraits were easy, but I think they make welcome additions to the gallery. 


You can see them all here: Portrait Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment