Friday, April 15, 2016

More Portraits



While browsing the Flickr pages for the Internet Archive’s Book Images and the British Library this week, I found a ton of terrific faces. Today, I’m posting the first batch of a whole crop of new portraits. These can be used in your own Victoriana games as Character Portraits, NPC inspiration, or, as I have done, a deck of random encounters.
I’m trying to be a bit more experimental with the face shapes and add more diversity. Illustrations of white men in formal dress vastly outnumber any other category, but scans from travelogues and anthropological books are helping me bring the rest of the Victoriana world to light. Some portraits I find just scream out “NPC!” even before I alter them. 

You can find the complete Portrait Gallery here.
And you can find all these illustrations in their original forms at the links below:


No comments:

Post a Comment