Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Skullduggery in Motion! -A Man of His Word


I added synopsizes for all four sessions of the first Scenario I ran to the Victoriana Campaigns Page.
 The scenario is called "A Man of His Word".

My group started playing Victoriana right after some big changes. We lost three regular players, ended a long running Superhero Campaign. It was time for something new.
Victoriana caught my eye (or rather my ear) when I listened to the Gamertable actual play recordings.
The rules were dice pool based like much of the games I ran and the world of Victoriana sounded fun, so I picked up the book.
When it was time to pick a new RPG to play my players picked Victoriana (granted they picked it after being pestered for months by my excited exclamations about the game, but they picked it none the less).
With the addition of a brand new player we started off.
I wanted to focus on the basic rules, while introducing the basic street life of lowerclass London. This scenario focus fit very well with the adventuring party: a criminal halfling with middle class aspirations, a shady private investigator wolfman, and a shy gnome magical researcher.
The players found their feet quickly (one of them nearly broke the game), and we had a great deal of fun.

For those Interested, the Gamerstable Actual Play is here: The Case of Penelope Austin
WARNING: Like most actual plays, if you are a decent person you will be offended, but I still recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment