Friday, August 11, 2017

150th Post: A Celebratory Scenario



I cannot believe we’ve already gone through 150 posts. It’s been great, and I hope you’ve seen improvements in ideas, style, research, and spelling, probably not spelling.  It’s been a learning experience for me each week, and I hope you've learned too. I also hope you enjoy using the resources on this blog in your own games as much I enjoyed creating them.

For this milestone, I’m taking a break from Constantinople this week to add the scenario “Six Stolen Ferns” to the Resources page.  As a player, there is nothing I enjoying more in an RPG than planning a heist. This scenario starts with a theft, and tasks the players to recover the goods by hook or by crook, although more likely crook. I also wanted to keep the stakes low, and the tone light. If you read any P. G. Wodehouse, you’ll know how to run this scenario. If you run or play “Six Stolen Ferns”, I’d love to hear how it went. Play test input is always welcome here.

Thanks to everyone reading my blog, you’re the reason we’re still going 150 posts later. Thanks to the creative team behind Victoriana for your wonderful game that inspires me to write. Finally, Thanks to Henry Mayhew, Lady Hornby, Google Books, and the Internet Archive for cataloguing the Victorian world.

No comments:

Post a Comment