Saturday, July 4, 2015

Skullduggery in Motion!- Istanbul Intrigue

Synopses for the adventure Istanbul Intrigue have been added to the campaigns page.

At the conclusion of last summer's naval campaign the party came ashore in Istanbul. I didn't have an adventure in mind and seeing as Istanbul was the capital of the Ottoman Empire it was a natural time for a prewritten scenario from the D&D setting: Al Qadim. Al Qadim is a great fantasy setting centered around the tropes and textures of the Arabian Nights.. The exotic flavor fits the expectations of Victorian Englishmen abroad.

I ran the adventure "Twelve Flawed Sapphires" from the book "A Dozen and One Adventures". It's short, simple, and works as a transition to the next campaign.  I had already converted the NPCs and encounters to a dice pool rule set  making conversion very simple.

It ran very well, and worked as a 2 session break between lager stories. I did not change very much, but I did add a Gen that could be indebted to the party, and I kept the entry to the adventure open so I could add it to whatever trouble the player characters looked for in port.
The experience of adapting a written adventure from D&D came in very handy in the next campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment