Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Skullduggery in Motion! -The Befuddled Man

I've put all of the session reports for the second adventure of Skullduggery in the Smoke, the Befuddled Man, on the Victoriana Campaigns Page.
This adventure was easy to start. I gave the PCs a Sunday to do whatever they wanted.  J. Wolfington III lost a few fingers in the first scenario to a very well rolled dog bite, so his PC was really wanting rune-enhanced steampunk fingers. I was more than happy to oblige.
The idea of magic being a higher form of math tends to turn up in all my games. The chaotic architecture of London, and the presence of a Guild that controls the research and practice of magic pushed the idea of enchanted architecture to the head of the line.
I was inspired by the treatment of a likable Jewish merchent in the Aubrey-Maturin series of books, to portray  a successful and thriving immigrant community held back by their station. I was very happy with the player's reactions to the Jewish Dwarves plight.  After a session of just shopping in London, they were so happy to find the quest they jumped in with both feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment